The first thing to share about the vision is the basic beliefs that drive me to help others.
I believe that:
- Every individual has the ability to flourish – to be phenomenal, both in the context of humanity and in the context of themselves.
- It is the responsibility of each person to work towards their own flourishing and to seek out that which leads to it.
- In order to flourish both individuals and groups require the opportunities to be created. These opportunities can be searched out or given, but the clearest and ever-present opportunity is the freedom of choice in this moment.
- Repetition of particular opportunities strengthens their chance of reappearing.
- The structure of the culture and environment that surrounds individuals and groups dictates their behaviour and decision making, though the interests of the individual are also key.
- Society currently does not provide the resources for legitimate personal development experiences to its citizens and in fact advertise products, ideas and systems of thought which actively harm its citizens.
- Wisdom cannot be taught, only discovered, however the environment to best support the growth of wisdom can be engendered. In this way, wisdom also becomes a learnable skill.
- Suffering is an inevitable factor of life.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
The culmination of these beliefs is Flourisch, and the vision we have for Flourish:
- To provide an accessible and legitimate platform for any individual to gain wisdom and learn truths about the world and life.
- To give advice, support and encouragement to anyone and everyone on their personal journey.
- To offer alternative viewpoints to those generally expected or accepted.
- To be scientifically legitimate but be open to experimentation in areas less-known.
- To be open to and accept change.
- To be completely devoted to the flourishing of humans.
- To be compassionate to the needs of both humanity and earth.
If you have benefited from anything we have done, please first consider sharing this project with others. If you would like to donate to the project you can do so Here.