The first thing to share about our vision are the basic beliefs we hold that drive us to try and help you.
We believe that:
- Every individual has the ability to flourish – to be phenomenal, both in the context of humanity and in the context of themselves.
- In order to flourish both individuals and groups require the opportunities, some of which can be provided by themselves, but most of which are external and are related to factors based on fortune.
- Over time, external opportunities become internalised. In that way, opportunity creation, or Contextual Design, is a skill everyone can develop.
- The structure of the culture and environment that surrounds individuals and groups dictates their behaviour and decision making, as does their biology, regardless of their own interests.
- Society and most instituciones currently do not provide the resources for legitimate personal development experiences to its citizens and in fact advertise products, ideas and systems of thought which actively harm its citizens.
- Wisdom cannot be taught, only discovered, however the environment to best support the growth of wisdom can be engendered. In this way, wisdom also becomes a learnable skill.
- Suffering is an inevitable factor of life.
- No single field or perspective offers enough answers to be trusted alone – to understand is to accrue multiple viewpoints and adapt based on a collection of perspectives.
The culmination of these beliefs is Flourisch, and the vision we have for Flourish:
- To provide an accessible and legitimate platform for any individual to gain wisdom and learn truths about the world and life.
- To give advice, support and encouragement to anyone and everyone on their personal journey.
- To offer alternative viewpoints to those generally expected or accepted.
- To be scientifically legitimate with a focus on psychological relevancy and pragmatism.
- To be open to and accept change.
- To be completely devoted to the flourishing of humans.
- To be compassionate to the needs of both humanity and earth.
If you have benefited from anything we have done, please first consider sharing this project with others. If you would like to donate to the project you can do so Here.